• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Granada, 1991. Specialist in Ophthalmology at the SAS Hospital in Jerez de la Frontera, supplementing his training in Madrid, Seville and London (1993-1996).
• Medical Director Responsible for the set of Oftalvist centers in Andalusia: Seville, Jerez, Granada, Cadiz, Chiclana, Puerto de Santa Maria and Algeciras.
• Professor of Ophthalmology at the Moncloa Unit at the European University of Madrid and trainer on different occasions of the main technological innovations of the specialty in the geographical area of Spanish-speaking America.
• His research activity has been developed mainly in the implant of next-generation intraocular lenses (where he has participated in numerous premarket studies and trials with the main companies in the sector: ALCON, ABBOTT, PHYSIOL, OPHTEC, ZEISS...). Also in refractive surgery for the correction of myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and tired eyesight and in cataract surgery, treated using the most innovative, advanced, precise and safe techniques used at present.
It also performs minimally invasive treatments for the treatment of glaucoma.
• Author of more than two books as the main author of the subject of phaco refractive surgery, he has also collaborated in more than 10 chapters of different books on the same subject. He wrote over 10 scientific articles in a high impact journal and more than 200 communications in conferences at national and international congressess.
• Areas of interest
• His area of interest focuses on the correction of myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and the surgical treatment of cataract, both surgeries using the femtosecond laser.