• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Seville (1986-92).
• Specialist in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology (1993-97).
• Founding member of Orthopediatrica (2017).
• Founding member of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Orthopedics.
• Current Vice President of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Orthopedics.
• Sole Spanish member of the International Pediatric Orthopedic Think Tank.
• Head of Section of Orthopedic Surgery and Child Traumatology of the University Hospital Virgen del Rocío (2007-2017).
• Member of the Growing Spine Study Group.
• Areas of interest: Deformities of the pediatric spine.